Wednesday 16 August 2017

David Fawcett: Painter, Notary Public and Ted Baker Collaborator...


Painting is David Fawcett's antidote to the daily commute to London.
"I try to paint every evening," he says. "After a day commuting and working in London, it's just what I need."



He is self-taught and works in acrylics.

"Over the years, I have developed a style that I'm happy with," says David, who has worked in London as a Notary Public since 1988.

Most of his paintings are based on his observations of people and reflect his day-to-day life - at home with the family, commuting to and from London, using the Tube and working in an office.

"I often try and look for a humorous element in my paintings - a situation which can be identified with or related to," says David. "To convey this idea, I have found that the title is often particularly important. If the title strikes a chord, it really enahnces the image."

Here's the perfect illustration of this.....

.........titled "Discussing Brexit".

Amongst the many David Fawcett fans is Ted Baker founder and CEO, Ray Kelvin, whose purchase of David's work led to an unusual collaboration.

"Ray Kelvin has bought my work and recently used three images for a holdall, wash bag and phone case design."

David regularly exhibits in London galleries and his work as been shown at the Royal Academy.

"A British Summer" continues until 2nd September.










No comments:

Post a Comment