Tuesday 25 April 2017

Introducing....Nichola Campbell




Nichola loves working with colour and pattern. The colourful, repeating shapes of fruit and flowers are ideal subject matter for her and are timelessly appealing.



"My work is about the things I enjoy: natural things that inspire me because of their beauty, colour and shapes," says Nichola.

"My aim is to express a mood or atmosphere whilst conveying the essence of what I am painting, hopefully in a new way."

"I use flowers (and especially roses), fruit, feathers and shells as subjects for my work. My collages are made from torn or cut pieces of my ink painting, sometimes combined with decorative papers and I value the unexpected results I achieve with collage."



She is influenced by an interest in textiles, costume, pottery and illuminated manuscripts and one of her favourite places to be inspired is the V & A Museum in London.

She has a BA (Hons) Illustration degree from Brighton University and lives in Newick.

"To Linger in a Garden Fair" continues until 6th May.



No comments:

Post a Comment